Troubleshooting the BizTalk Server Monitoring Agent
The problem for the Nodinite BizTalk Server Monitoring agent to start may simply be due to the fact that it is a Windows service and has some security and run-time related dependencies that are not met. Your problem may stem from one or more of the following common configuration errors:
- Insufficient rights to run as a Windows Service, solution found in the following article: How to set Logon as a Service right
- Shared port error, solution found in the following article: Shared Port 8000
- Prerequisites are not met, further detailed in the Prerequisites page
- Database update - After an update from time to time we add and/or modify the the Monitoring Database and hence the agent will not start due to dependencies on later version of the existing database.
Example of database update
- The agent can be configured to use Filters to remove All resources from BizTalk Applications depending on your filter. Please review and/or remove the filter and change
- Make sure the Monitor View has Actions option enabled, further detailed in the Add or manage Monitor View page
Your Nodinite environment can be installed on existing hardware on-premise, on Azure Virtual machines or hosted in the cloud by your sourcing partner. Hybrid scenarios are also supported.
- Make sure the Agent is stopped before running the MSI package, further detailed in the uninstallation user guide
- You must be a local administrator to remove Windows Services
Download from the Nodinite portal
Please subscribe to updates using our Support portal