Nodinite Installation Overview
Nodinite is a software product that must be installed and configured in each customer/partner instance. Each instance is unique and guarantees isolation, performance and so on between individual environments.
Nodinite uses many software components with different requirements depending on intended usage (Like security policies, high availability, performance, network isolation, ...):
- Run everything on a single box (perfect for POCs and if you only have Monitoring needs)
- local Virtual machines or in the cloud (simple and low costs)
- Run everything everywhere with multiple distributed environments mixed with different domains, networks, in the cloud and line of business systems on-premise
- Additional CPUs and memory increase performance. Nodinite uses many concurrent threads and benefits from additional CPUs
- Windows fail-over cluster
- SQL Server fail-over cluster and/or Always on
- Use multiple disks/LUNs to increase SQL performance
Before you start anything else, read our Planning Guide. You must know what to do...
With the Nodinite Install and Update tool, you can manage all configured instances. The main benefit for our Partners with Managed Services offering thereby has less administration and a full overview of all their customers.
Note: Many of our customers have chosen to fully separate the different environments with one instance of the Install and Update Tool for each environment.
To reach the tool you can try the default address http://localhost/NodiniteUpdate/UpdateClient/ (The actual address can always be found in the IIS MMC).
Now that you have a plan for implementing Nodinite, we have created a set of user guides to help you perform the installation, make sure to follow each of them in the following order:
Use the table above as your to-do checklist to install and/or to troubleshoot Nodinite