What is the Nodinite Monitoring Service?
The Nodinite Monitoring Service is responsible for making sure you get aware according to your alerts configuration. This configuration comes from the use of self service enabled Monitor Views.
The Monitoring Service is a Windows Service installed as part of the Core Services package, see Prerequisites for installation related information. Status of Resources being monitored by Monitoring Agents are periodically synchronized by the Monitoring Service.
Operations performed by the Monitoring Service or commands issued by an user comes from the following configurations and functionality:
- Manage the Monitoring Service - Set properties that controls run-time behaviour
- Pushing Alerts using Alarm Plugins
- Periodic synchronization with configured Monitoring Agents
- Execute Remote Actions - Secure transfer and audit logged operations initiated by a User or a Auto Healing** configuration
Whenever the evaluation of the state of Resources from any of the Monitoring Agents matches your configuration for Monitor Views. Alerts are pushed by Alarm Plugins and Nodinite ships with various mail and Windows Event Log plugins.
- E-mail with options
- Windows Event Log - for use with for example SCOM
- Custom built Alarm plugins that you provide using our templates and SDK's - for use with your issue tracking system
Monitoring Service is responsible for making you aware, Nodinite is Always Aware
The Monitoring Service "knows" who to send to and with what options from the use of Alarm Plugins configured either globally or customized using one or more Monitor Views. Using the concept of Role based Monitor Views means that you can push alerts for anything from 1 single Resource, or you can mix Resources from different Monitoring Agents to create end to end monitoring and alerts for individual system integration workflows with exactly the dependencies that exists for each solution.
Highly configurable role based Monitor Views provides self service for end-users as well as customizable options for pushing alerts
The Monitoring Service performs periodic Synchronization with the Monitoring Agents. Different instances of the Monitoring Agents may have individual synchronization settings set by configuring a Monitoring Agent Configuration.
Generic illustration for any type of resource being monitored by a product/service specific Monitoring Agent
Additional solutions to common problems and the FAQ for the Nodinite Monitoring Service exists in the Troubleshooting user guide.
The Monitoring Service "knows" this because a Nodinite Administrator has configured both internal configurations and configurations for self service
The Monitoring Service "knows" this because a Nodinite Administrator has configured the Resources
- Knows about the evaluated state from configuration of Resources
- Knows about Auto Healing operations to perform from configuration of Resources
The Monitoring Service "knows" this because a Nodinite Administrator has configured the Monitor Views
- Knows who to send to and with options from the use of Alarm Plugins configured either globally or customized using one or more Monitor Views