Add or Manage a Nodinite Log Agent
In this user guide, you will learn how to add and manage a Nodinite Log Agents.
- Either Manage (click on one Log Agent in the Log Agents Overview) or Add a new Log Agent (click on the Add Log Agent button)
|From the Log Agents Overview||From Add or Manage Log Agent page|
- Enter the following details
- Name - The user-friendly name for this Log Agent Configuration (Required)
- Description - user-friendly description of the Log Agent Configuration (Optional)
- Web Site - Link to remote documentation (Optional)
- Log Agent Value Id - Unique Id (Required field) - Once set, this value must not change!
The user-friendly name the of the Log Agent. For example:
- iCore - Test
- BizTalk 2016 - Prod
- Azure Logic Apps (North Europe)
Log Agent Value Id is the unique positive integer value for this specific Log Agent configuration. For example:
The Description property has the user-friendly information about this Log Agent configuration.
Link to external documentation. (optional)
The Logging feature of Nodinite provides a way of adding human-readable texts for Log Status Codes. Review the "What is a Log Status Code" user guide if you are unfamiliar with this topic.
You can add any number of Log Status Codes
In the Edit dialogue, you can manage the collection of Log Status Code.
Since a Log Status Code can mean different things depending on for example integration broker (BizTalk, IBM Integration Bus, Mule, ...) the Log Status code is defined per Log Agent.
Click on the Edit button to manage Log Status Codes for the selected Log Agent
The following properties can be set:
|Status Type||Select one of the predefined values
|Log Status||The number logged in the Log Event either by custom code or by any of the Log Agents|
|Description||A user-friendly description to display for this Log Status Code|
|Web Site||Link to some page (optional)|
- BizTalk - Use the built-in tracking feature and/or use custom Pipeline Components
- BizTalk has special support, see more here
- Log4Net Appender - Enable logging from log4net applications by adding the DLL:s and a new appender to the
- Mulesoft Anypoint Logging - Uses Log4J Appender framework for Logger and Business Events (code) or the Mule ESB - Custom Connector
- Log Api - Enable Logging from your code (e.g. C# and Java)
- VB6/COM/VBScript - Enable Logging from VB6/VBScript code