- Export can be performed:
- Directly - uses the [WebAPI] between instances (if configured and access on LAN/WAN between instances are allowed)
- File - for environments where there is no allowed communication)
In order to perform the Import Export Actions either click on the Import/Export button in the Administration overview or select Export from the Actions button where applicable.
- Access to Import/Export from Administration menu*
- Example access to Export from Action button*
The following general steps are required to copy content from one instance of Nodinite to another:
- Export ->
- 1a. Select items to export
- 1a. File - Use file When you do not have direct access to target environment
- 1b. Instance - Upload step not required
- Upload (only required when using files)
- 3a. Select Items to Import and resolve detected conflicts if any
You must be member of the Administrators Role in both Monitoring Agent Configuration and target environment.
The Actions from above steps are accessible from the Import / Export menu:
1.Depending on your starting choice the number of items to select will be different.
- Select one or more items for Export. All related child-items can be included for export by checking the corresponding checkbox.
When any parent-item is selected, all related child items are also selected.
- Select Transfer method
- File - Use when you do not have direct access to the target environment on network (opens a pop-up window, that might be blocked depending on the browser settings. allow browser pop-ups)
- Upload to External Instance
If you select to perform a file based Export an Export file in JSON format will be downloaded in your browser. Copy/Move this file to target environment and proceed with the upload step.
Finish Click the Close button to exit the Export-dialog.
Exported configurations must be uploaded into the target environment before an Import can be performed. This uploads may originate from direct transfers during Export operations (API -> API) or from File.
After selecting a file for upload, press the Upload button to upload the file.
A successful upload operation will continue the dialog using the Import Wizard.
The uploads from either file or instance are listed in the Imports tab.