Add or manage Search Field
In this section you will learn how to manually add or manage a Search Field.
A Name is required to create and name the Search Field.
A Data Type is required in order to provide the proper relational operators when working with the Log Views.
The Data Types are driven by a database configuration and additional data types may be added. The following data types comes out of the box with Nodinite
- Long Integer
- Real number with 2 decimals
Adding a Description, Search Field Links and Web Site is optional.
By clicking Edit a modal dialogue is shown where one can configure Search Field links. These links can be used to make the result from the search field expression to show as a link and when clicked opens a new tab with the specified URL.
The following can be configured for a Search Field Link:
- Enabled - Whether the Link should be enabled making search field results as a link or not. This is useful if one temporary want to disable the link without deleting it
- Name - The name of the link ex. OrderId, City.
- URL - The URL where to browse when the link is clicked (which opens a new tab in the web browser)
- Description - A suitable description that is shown when hovering the mouse pointer over the link
URL can contain an optional parameter '' ex. https://www.google.com?q=. The value will be replaces by the Search Field Expression value. Ex. Delivery address City. By filling in a test value and clicking the link symbol at the right side of the URL-field one can test how the link is opened in a new tab in the browser.