Add or Manage Log Agent
In this user guide you will learn how to add and manage a Log Agents.
- Either Manage (click on one Log Agent in the Log Agents Overview) or Add a new Log Agent (click on the Add Log Agent button)
|From the Log Agents Overview||From Add or Manage Log Agent page|
- Enter the following details
- Name - User friendly name for this Log Agent Configuration (Required)
- Description - User friendly description about the Log Agent Configuration (Optional)
- Web Site - Link to remote documentation (Optional)
- Log Agent Value Id - Unique Id (Required field) - Must not change once set!
The user friendly Name the of the Log Agent. For example
- iCore - Test
- BizTalk 2016 - Prod
- Azure Logic Apps (North Europe)
Log Agent Value Id is the unique positive integer value for this specific Log Agent configuration.
The user friendly information about this Log Agent configuration.
Some optional link to external documentation.
The Logging feature of Nodinite provides a way of adding human readable texts for Log Status Codes. Review the What is a Log Status Code user guide if you are unfamiliar with this topic.
You can add any number of Log Status Codes
In the Edit dialog you can manage the collection of Log Status Code.
Since a Log Status Code can mean different things depending on for example integration broker (BizTalk, IBM Integration Bus, Mule, ...) the Log Status code is defined per Log Agent.
Click on the Edit button to manage Log Status Codes for selected Log Agent
The following properties can be set:
|Status Type||Select one of the predefined values
|Log Status||The number logged in the Log Event either by custom code or by any of the Log Agents|
|Description||A user friendly description to display for this Log Status Code|
|Web Site||Provides a link for external documentation|
You must click Save for changes to be written to the agent and take effect.
- BizTalk - Uses bult in Tracking and/or Pipeline Components
- BizTalk has special support, see more here
- [Log4Net] - Simply add some dll:s and a new appender to the app.config file of your custom .NET application
- Mulesoft Anypoint Logging - Uses Log4J Appender framework for Logger and Business Events (code) or the Mule ESB - Custom Connector
- Log Api - Log from code (C# and Java)
- VB6/COM/VBScript - Log from VB6/VBScript code