Message Context Key search field expression type plugin
Use this plugin to extract values from named context properties
The Nodinite Message Context Key Search Field Expression Type plugin can be used to find one unique value from named Context Property for logged messages.
Let's get you started with the following simple demonstration example valid for this search field plugin. For other and more advanced examples please scroll down on this page to the Examples section.
|Any content||Named Context Property||Unique value|
- Extract single value from named Context property
Since there is no styling you may need to use other plugins to get the result you seek. Review other Nodinite Context Property related search field expression type plugins:
- RegEx on Message Context
- RegEx on Message Context with capturing groups
- XPath on Message Context
In order to extract values from Context Properties you must first configure the Search Field, in this example case; The Product of the year name:
- Select expression type plugin
- Enter the name to get the content from named Context property
- Finalize remaining steps including selection of Message Types and optional re-index operation (Add or manage Search Field)
Once a Search Field is configured, values are extracted either during normal processing or from user initiated re-index operations. Extracted values are persisted and stored for as long as the days to keep events property on the Message Type is configured.
You can test an expression when configuring a Search Field in the 'Test Expression' tab
- Enter an appropriate payload in the 'Message Body' tab
- Select the 'Message Context' expression type plugin
- Enter name of Context property to get the content (as is)
- Review result/output, rewrite the code in step 3 until you get the data you seek
Values will be automatically extracted by the Logging Service and then presented together with the evaluated processing state and the number of unique matches.
Valid expression with state output, unique values and total count
If the expression is either invalid or does not match any data, then the following output is presented:
Invalid expression yields no result