Add or manage Search Field
In this section you will learn how to manually add or manage a Search Field.
There are 2 ways to manage search fields:
- From administration (this guide)
- Using the Search Field Wizard available for Nodinite Administrators within Log Views
Now give your Search Field a unique name, the name can be changed at any time later:
Edit Search Field properties
- Name: A Search Field must have a unique user friendly name assigned. You can safely change this name at any point later.
- Data Type is required in order to provide the proper relational operators when working with the Log Views.
The Data Types are driven by a database configuration and additional data types may be added in future versions of Nodinite. The following data types are currently documented:
|Data Type||Description||Example value||Example operators|
|Real number with 2 decimals|
|Date time with offset|
- Description - You can and should give your Search Fields a user friendly description of its intended purpose
- Web Site - You can provide a quick link for users when working with and viewing the Search Field. This quick link is usually a WIKI/Sharepoint site with additional documentation
Managing search fields are further documented in the Search Field Expressions user guide
Nodinite provides a handy useful feature for your business that adds a clickable link from Log Views where values from [Search Field][Search Fields] are displayed. Values can be more or less simple and/or more or less complex. Either way; For instance the Id may be some internal transaction Id is either easy to read or to remember. In order to avoid copy/paste Nodinite can take this value and insert it into any of available Search Field Links for that Search Field (opens the resulting URI in a new tab). Your business users thereby quickly and almost without any instructions navigate to other systems (even the right system at once) faster with the correct data without tedious error prone copy/paste operations.
By clicking on the 'Edit' button, a modal dialogue is shown where one can configure one or more Search Field Links.
The following can be configured for a Search Field Link:
- Enabled - Whether the Link should be enabled making search field results as a link or not. This is useful if one temporary want to disable the link without deleting it
- Name - The name of the link ex. OrderId, City.
- URL - The URL where to browse when the link is clicked (which opens a new tab in the web browser)
- Description - A suitable description that is shown when hovering the mouse pointer over the link
URL can contain an optional parameter '' ex. https://www.google.com?q=. The value will be replaced by the Search Field Expression value. Ex. Delivery address City. By filling in a test value and clicking the link symbol at the right side of the URL-field one can test how the link is opened in a new tab in the browser.