Find your business transactions using self service enabled Log Views without having to ask your IT-department!
TIP: Create user friendly log views to provide self service for your organization, releasing time from the IT-department/Application Management/IT-operations team
Log Views can be individually configured to render the output result with different information elements according to business needs. Use custom or pre-defined sets of columns, review the Display Field Configurations user guide for additional information.
Inspired by Six Sigma we at Nodinite have introduced a graphical presentation of correlated (grouped) events. A simple example for an Order/Order Response is illustrated below:
Example of Six sigma inspired timeline as seen in a Nodinite Log View
This will help you better understand long running processes:
- What is causing the delays?
- Hard to grasp for multiple events spanning long time
- Tables are not as easy as an
In the end this feature helps you save time and money:
- Understand your processes
- Reduce lead times
- Foundation for further process optimization
- Shorten response time
- Redesign needed?
Logged Events originate from one or more integration platforms and are being logged using one or more Log Agents. Events can have a message body attached. Every message body is distinguished and known by its MessageType. Messages are stored obfuscated and compressed in the Log databases. An Event can also hold context data, this data is stored in an internal KeyValue collection. Since Context data can be as sensitive as the message body, Nodinite stores this data obfuscated and compressed in the Log databases.
- Data from message body and Context values can be extracted using Search Fields.
- Keep only as much data and as long as your business demands - Data is removed based on MessageType, review the following System Parameters for additional information: