Custom Meta Data
Use Custom Meta Data to provide your delivery model. This is key to a manageable system integration platform. Configure the Repository Model model and provide useful information to key stakeholders when needed the most.
Custom Meta Data provides more powerful features compared to Custom Fields. The main difference is that Custom Meta Data is expected (Mandatory in a sense) and custom fields are totally optional everywhere within the Nodinite Repository Model.
- Single-value attribute from the list
- Multi-value attributes from the list
- Files (word documents, images, zip files, ...)
Nodinite comes pre-loaded with plugins for most common scenarios. Custom Meta Data can be Set, re-used and assigned on each of the artifacts in the Repository Model model.
The lists are "global" but a different set of values can be used on the artifacts of the Repository Model model.
- Integration "INT001" with Custom Meta Data "Technical Contacts" can have Henrik and Michael assigned
- Integration "INT002" with Custom Meta Data "Technical Contacts" can have only Henrik assigned
- Integration "INT003" with Custom Meta Data "Technical Contacts" can have Henrik, Andreas and Michael assigned
Tip: Use Custom Meta Data to provide any piece of information that you may share with your organization. This is Key to a successful support and maintenance service.
Use when there can only be one value selected for the Custom Meta Data. A good example would be SLA Level. It is not logical to assign more than exactly one value for this kind of Custom Meta Data. Selected Value example from a list (Gold, Silver, Bronze) could be Gold.
Use when there can be more than one value selected for the Custom Meta Data. A good example would be Technical Contact. It is logical to assign more than one value for this kind of Custom Meta Data. Selected Value example from a list (Michael, Henrik, Andreas) could be Michael and Andreas.
When Nodinite is about to render the Repository Model tab in the Web Client the Custom Meta Data plugin is fed with all available data from Monitoring or Logging. The plugin can, therefore, hold logic to access web services, databases to return the value for the Custom Meta Data at run-time.
- One example could be for logged orders where the temperature of the destined City is displayed
- Another example could be a generated link to some documentation web site (WIKI/Sharepoint) based on provided data
Any file can be uploaded. Images will be displayed in the Web Client. Since there can be multiple files and potentially large files; email alerts are sent with links to these files. This is done to conserve bandwidth and the behaviour is by design.