Manage Monitoring for Microsoft BizTalk Server
Manage monitoring thresholds and perform administrative remote actions on BizTalk Server related artifacts
Delegate the power to control all or individual BizTalk Server related artifacts to selected team members and the business. This feature helps the people involved in the support and maintenance team have the power to manage problems with your BizTalk Server without having individual direct access to the Microsoft BizTalk Server Management Console. This limits the number of attack vectors and having fewer people with fewer access rights minimizes the risk for disruption of mission-critical services.
|Application Management Team||IT Operations||Business|
|Let your AM team have the power to stop and start services without involving the IT operations team||Stay in complete control with access to everything||Give your business Data and self service for solutions built using BizTalk Server|
The Nodinite Microsoft BizTalk Server Monitoring Agent has the following features:
Logging and Archiving use BizTalk Server built-in tracking, and is managed by the Nodinite Microsoft BizTalk Server Logging Agent.
Documentation support is provided by the Repository Model model.
BizTalk Server related monitoring artifacts are monitored and managed using Monitor Views as individual Resources. These Resources are grouped within Nodinite as the following BizTalk Server related Categories:
- Active instances
- Health Check
- Host instances (with cluster support)
- Receive Locations
- Send Ports
- Suspended Instances
- Receive Ports (One-Way)
- Receive Ports (Request/Response)
- Send Ports
- Send Ports (Solicit/Response)
- Orchestration (only track during debugging, otherwise we recommend you leave tracking disabled)
- Send Port Groups
- Scheduled instance(s)
- Dehydrated orchestration instance(s)
- Ready to run instance(s)
Fix your BizTalk related problems with ease from a distance without the MMC.
Using the Web Client for Nodinite, Actions can be sent to the Monitoring Agent for BizTalk Server requesting operations to be performed on the monitored resources. With the existing privilege model, you can allow certain users to perform an operation on selected resources.
The following operations are supported on BizTalk Host Instances
The following operations are supported on BizTalk Receive Locations
- Send Ports
- Start/Stop/Enlist/Unenlist/Details for Send Ports
- Start/Stop/Enlist/Unenlist/Details for Orchestrations
- Resume all suspended instances per application
- Terminate all suspended instances per application (Resumable)
- Terminate all suspended instances per application (Not Resumable)
- Manage suspended specific messages from the paged list
- View Context (if the Context is allowed to be displayed from global setting)
- View body (first 1000 bytes) (if the Body is allowed to be displayed, setting is available from within the global settings)
- View service instance details
- Download full payload (if the Body is allowed to be displayed, setting is available from within the global settings)
- Orphaned DTA Service instance(s)
- Messages with negative ref count
- Messages without ref count
All Versions ranging 2006 - 2016 are fully supported.
All Editions are also supported and customer use/configuration (Cores/nodes/...) does not have any impact on the license model/costs.
- BizTalk Server Standard Edition
- BizTalk Server Enterprise Edition
- BizTalk Server Evaluation Edition
- BizTalk Server Developer Edition
See Prerequisites for BizTalk Monitoring Agent for additional details installing and running the agent.
The Nodinite agent for Microsoft BizTalk Server enables you to control and monitor Microsoft BizTalk Server resources. The monitoring agent must be installed with 1 instance per BizTalk Group. The agent should not be clustered due to the use of local configuration files. The agent can be clustered if the service is installed on a shared disc, managed by the Windows fail-over cluster.
To monitor a BizTalk Server group, the agent must be installed on a server with BizTalk Administration Console and that has local network access to BizTalk's SQL database (management and messagebox). The BizTalk administration console version must be the same or higher compared to the BizTalk Server group being controlled and monitored.
For detailed information about the features and bug fixes, please see the Release Log