Configure Microsoft BizTalk Server Logging Agent
With Nodinite you can enable logging from any number of concurrent BizTalk Server groups (even different versions)
Add or remove logging for any number of BizTalk Server environments (like 1 or more production, 1 test and 1 prod, etc.)
Before configuring the Microsoft BizTalk Server Logging Agent make sure all Prerequisites are in place.
Adding additional Log Monitoring Agent Configuration for BizTalk is easy.
In the Update tool from the selected environment
Click on the Add Log Agent Monitoring Agent Configuration button to add the new Microsoft BizTalk Server Logging Agent.
- Name - Give the Log Agent a user friendly name (include the name of the target environment)
- Log Agent Value Id - A unique Id for this Log Agent Monitoring Agent Configuration. This value should never change once set!
- Description - A user friendly description about this log Monitoring Agent Configuration
- Log Agent - BizTalk settings - Check to mark this Monitoring Agent Configuration as a BizTalk on premise log Monitoring Agent Configuration
- BizTalkMgmtDb Server - Enter the name of the SQL instance hosting the BizTalk management database (this is the linked server information from Nodinite SQL instance against BizTalk SQL Instance)
- BizTalkMgmtDb Name - Enter the name of the BizTalk management database
- BizTalkDTADb Server - Enter the name of the SQL instance hosting the BizTalk tracking database (this is the linked server information from Nodinite SQL instance against BizTalk SQL Instance)
- BizTalkDTADb Name - Enter the name of the BizTalk tracking database
- Polling Interval - Set the polling interval for the Logging Service. This is the time between attempts to ask for new logged data. Default is 30 seconds.
- Max number of Events to copy - Set the maximum number of events to fetch on each run. A large number may impact performance. Default is 5000.
- Max number of Message/Context data rows to copy - Set the maximum number of payloads and context rows to fetch on each run. Default is 500.
All ports from BizTalk can be synchronized as Endpoints available within the Repository Model model. Sync End Points Polling Interval - Set the poll period in seconds between synchronization attempts Include End Points Tracking status - Should be checked when using BizTalk
A BizTalk Log agent may be removed by clicking the Remove BizTalk Logging button.
Click the Save button to save changes to configuration.
Note: The Logging Service must be restarted to honor the changes saved.