Nodinite Null Adapter for Microsoft BizTalk Server 2020
The Nodinite Null Adapter for Microsoft BizTalk Server 2020 Requires the following products and versions to be in place before you can install and configure it:
Repeat the install steps below on all BizTalk Server processing nodes.
- As a local administrator, execute the MSI package
Navigate to the folder where you installed the Nodinite Null Adapter, default location is:
C:\Program Files\Nodinite\Null Adapter
Logged on as local administrator, run the
You should then be prompted to install the Nodinite Null Adapter for Microsoft BizTalk Server 2020. Answer 'Y' to confirm intent to install.
Next you will add the adapter to the list of installed Adapters.
As 'BizTalk Server Administrator', open the BizTalk Server MMC
Expand the tree and open the Adapters sub tree
Right click and select the Add new Adapter option
Select the `Nodinite Null Adapter 188.8.131.52'
Name the Adapter
Assign Hosts (Must be a Send Handler)
Make sure to restart the hosts instances if you perform any changes
From a Send Port, select the Nodinite Null Adapter (with the name you gave it during the installation):
- Click on the
- Enter a Name for this port (forms the URI and thereby provides traceability)
- Enter an optional Comment
- Select True for the 'Log to local application event log' to get the first 31838 characters. All Events from the Null Adapter are logged with EventId=1337
NOTE: Logging to the local event log should ONLY be performed during debugging (you may post sensitive data to the local event log)
- As 'BizTalk Server Administrator', open the BizTalk Server MMC
- Remove the Null Adapter from all Send ports where it is being used
- Remove the Adapter from the list of installed Adapters
- Restart Host instances where it was once used
- Logged on as local administrator, run the
- Select 'Y' to remove the Adapter from GAC
- Restart the BizTalk MMC
The installer cannot verify that .NET 4.7 is installed due to current limitations with the WIX installer.
The events written to the local application log may be truncated due to restrictions in Windows. Please use Nodinite if you need logging from BizTalk.