Managing Deleted Records
All deleted configuration records within Nodinite can be restored.
- The actual delete operation toggles an internal flag indicating that the object is not meant to be actively used
- Deleted items can be restored
- Deleted items can be included for viewing and editing in most list views
- Deleted items are clearly presented with with red background color and a trashcan icon
- Delete/Restore operations are tracked in the Log Audits table
- In many places Nodinite will complain with status icons to visualize if you include deleted records
- Using deleted records is ambiguous and needs to be adjusted
Example of the deleted record icon in some list
The Show Deleted checkbox can be found in many places within the Nodinite Web Client.
When checked, deleted records will be presented in the list views
When Show Deleted is checked, you will be able to restore a deleted item by clicking the Action button and then click Restore.
You generally don't. Please read the "Why does Nodinite not delete my records? paragraph.
Note: This behaviour is by design!
If you still have any questions or have trouble with Managing Deleted Records please contact us at email@example.com