Import / Export
Backup and transfer your Nodinite configuration between different instances of Nodinite
Currently, the following artifacts/entities/items can be managed by the Import / Export feature:
- Repository Model
- The general idea is first to create and configure data in one Nodinite instance (Source).
- Once you're happy with your configuration you can then select items to be exported. During the export operation, all dependencies to other items will be identified by the system and get selected. You can pinpoint specifically what items should be part of the export or exclude items as you wish/feel fit.
TIP: You should be generous of selected items to be exported. It is possible, to pinpoint specific items to be included during the import operation later. You can not import more than what is part of the Import module.
- The following two options for transferring content are currently available:
- Synchronous using the Web API (requires online network access) or
- Asynchronous using a JSON based file (offline)
- Items exported will be managed by an Import Module on the target Nodinite instance. If you performed the export operation with the file option, you must Upload it next on the target Nodinite instance
- The Import Module is then imported with selected items. Any changes or problems will be presented with a migration report with ability to resolve any conflicts/changes
- Final destination for exported data (Target)
Example of links providing Access to the Import / Export operations
You must be member of the Nodinite built in Administrators Role in both the source and target Nodinite instance.