Formula - Sum
sum( ) Formula function as the name implies, it is used to add (Sum) two numbers and return the addition result.
|Text Data||sum expression||Unique values|
sum( ) function is applicable any where as long as there is valid
Content parameter, it doesn't matter if the content parameter are extracted values from XML,JSON or even CSV.
- Return the addition result of extracted values from the Content.
- Can be applied on any valid Content that return data as valid numbers, review Formula user guide for complete list of functions.
This plugin loads the entire message into RAM, so make sure to apply this function on smaller messages only
- Select Formula as expression type plugin.
- Write down the expression to use in the 'Expression' text area.
- Input a proper Content as parameter to the function.
Use the sum function with any of the following parameters:
From Message Body:
From Message Context:
Result from previous Formula operation
Below you will find different common examples for how to use the sum function.
Number 2 is the body content, by using the provided expression the result will be
Number 4 is the value for the corresponding key "id", by using the provided expression the result will be
The message body is json structure, , by using the provided expression the result will be