Formula - Count
TIP: An example of real-life usage, use the Count function to get an alert if an order has less (or more) then X order rows
Let's get you started with the following example. For other, and more advanced examples please scroll down on this page to the Examples section.
|Text Data||count expression||Unique values|
count( ) function is applicable any where as long as there is valid
Content parameter, it doesn't matter if the content parameter a plain text or any valid Formula Plugin function. Please notice that is the retrieved number representing the unique count of the extracted values, more on this later below.
- Return the count of extracted values from the Content.
- It returns the count of the unique values from Content
- Can be applied on any valid Content that return data; Like jsonpath, xpath functions or even a plain text, review Formula user guide for complete list of functions.
This plugin loads the entire message into RAM, so make sure to apply this function on smaller messages only
- Select Formula as expression type plugin.
- Write down the expression to use in the 'Expression' text area.
- Input a proper Content as parameter to the function.
Use the count function with any of the following parameters:
From Message Body:
From Message Context:
Result from previous Formula operation
Below, you will find different common examples for how to use the count function.
"Nodinite" is the message body text, by using the provided expression the result will be
"Nodinite" is the value for the corresponding key "id", by using the provided expression the result will be
The message body is a JSON structure, and by using the provided expression the result will be